Representatives Will Use Educational Tool for Up to 65,000 Physicians
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. and BENSALEM, Pa., Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Eisai and BusinessOne Technologies announced today that Eisai Inc. is using the Maestro Market Access Mobile™ application to educate physicians about detailed coverage levels for Eisai’s recently approved BELVIQ® (lorcaserin HCI) CIV.
Market Access Mobile enables fact-based decisions and targeted strategies to increase clinical adoption and expand patient access. Eisai field representatives can produce detailed, drug-specific materials that educate physicians about product-specific access and patient out-of-pocket costs by health plan in the physician’s area. With the information, physicians can navigate coverage for the drug, by plan, to enable prescribing for their patients.
“Market Access Mobile allows our field representatives to go in to physician’s offices with current coverage data for various plans, to ensure patients have access to our medications, which is essential information for our product launch efforts,” said Michael O’Brien, vice president, Specialty Marketing and Sales Business Unit at Eisai Inc. “With this information, providers will have a better understanding of plan-specific coverage details for BELVIQ.”
Representatives, which spend most of their time out in the field, have anywhere, anytime access to Market Access Mobile. The mobile application allows representatives to access detailed obesity coverage policy information on more than 90 percent of the nation’s covered lives. Where BELVIQ is covered, representatives will be able to create print-ready educational materials on the fly using a simple, three-step process.
“Eisai is committed to launching innovative therapies, and is building strong support from the payer community, as evidenced by the data we have collected,” said James A. Barone, BusinessOne Technologies president and CEO. “We are excited to partner with Eisai, providing comprehensive, yet simple tools that representatives can use to educate in their product launch efforts to approximately 65,000 providers.”
About BusinessOne Technologies, Inc.
BusinessOne, a leader in managed markets intelligence, assists manufacturers with their product launch efforts to ensure access to new drugs. Its Maestro™ suite of products provides a customizable web-enabled, single point of access to integrated managed markets sales & marketing, promotional and performance intelligence.
BusinessOne Technologies, Inc., develops and deploys health care business intelligence and data solutions, providing competitive, strategic analysis for biotech and pharmaceutical manufacturers, PBMs, specialty pharmacy providers, investment firms and other clients. Through its customizable, web-based portal, Maestro™, end-users can access and analyze over 400 data elements related to formulary and coverage policy control, benefit design, reimbursement, demographics and utilization at the plan and physician level. To learn more about BusinessOne Technologies, please visit www.businessonetech.com.
About Eisai Inc.
At Eisai Inc., human health care is our goal. We give our first thoughts to patients and their families, and helping to increase the benefits health care provides. As the U.S. pharmaceutical subsidiary of Tokyo-based Eisai Co., Ltd., our passionate commitment to patient care is the driving force behind our efforts to help address unmet medical needs. We are a fully integrated pharmaceutical business with discovery, clinical, manufacturing and marketing capabilities. Our key areas of commercial focus include oncology and specialty care (Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy and metabolic disorders). To learn more about Eisai Inc., please visit us at www.eisai.com/US.
Eisai Inc. has affiliates that are part of a global product creation organization that includes R&D facilities in Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, as well as a global demand chain organization that includes manufacturing facilities in Maryland and North Carolina. Eisai’s global areas of R&D focus include neuroscience; oncology; metabolic disorders; vascular, inflammatory and immunological reaction; and antibody-based programs.
About BELVIQ® (lorcaserin HCl) CIV Tablets
BELVIQ is used along with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in adults who have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m2 or greater (obese), or BMI of 27 kg/m2 or greater (overweight) with at least one weight-related medical condition such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or type 2 diabetes. It is not known if BELVIQ is safe and effective when taken with other prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal weight loss products, nor is it known if BELVIQ changes the risk of heart problems or stroke, or death due to heart problems or stroke.
BELVIQ is believed to decrease food consumption and promote satiety by selectively activating serotonin 2C receptors in the brain. The exact mechanism of action of BELVIQ is not known.
Important Safety Information
- Pregnancy: Do not take BELVIQ if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, as weight loss offers no potential benefit during pregnancy and BELVIQ may harm your unborn baby.
- Serotonin Syndrome or Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)-like reactions: Before using BELVIQ, tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, especially medicines that treat depression, migraines, mental problems, or the common cold. These medicines may cause serious or life-threatening side effects if taken with BELVIQ. Call your doctor right away if you experience agitation, hallucinations, confusion, or other changes in mental status; coordination problems; uncontrolled muscle spasms; muscle twitching; restlessness; racing or fast heartbeat; high or low blood pressure; sweating; fever; nausea; vomiting; diarrhea; or stiff muscles.
- Valvular heart disease: Some people taking medicines like BELVIQ have had heart valve problems. Call your doctor right away if you experience trouble breathing; swelling of the arms, legs, ankles, or feet; dizziness, fatigue, or weakness that will not go away; or fast or irregular heartbeat. Before taking BELVIQ, tell your doctor if you have or have had heart problems.
- Changes in attention or memory: BELVIQ may slow your thinking. You should not drive a car or operate heavy equipment until you know how BELVIQ affects you.
- Mental problems: Taking too much BELVIQ may cause hallucinations, a feeling of being high or in a very good mood, or feelings of standing outside your body.
- Depression or thoughts of suicide: Call your doctor right away if you notice any mental changes, especially sudden changes in your mood, behaviors, thoughts, or feelings, or if you have depression or thoughts of suicide.
- Low blood sugar: Weight loss can cause low blood sugar in people taking medicines for type 2 diabetes, such as insulin or sulfonylureas. Blood sugar levels should be checked before and while taking BELVIQ. Changes to diabetes medication may be needed if low blood sugar develops.
- Painful erections: If you have an erection lasting more than 4 hours while on BELVIQ, stop taking BELVIQ and call your doctor or go to the nearest emergency room right away.
- Slow heartbeat: BELVIQ may cause your heart to beat slower.
- Decreases in blood cell count: BELVIQ may cause your red and white blood cell counts to decrease.
- Increase in prolactin: BELVIQ may increase the amount of a hormone called prolactin. Tell your doctor if your breasts begin to make milk or a milky fluid, or if you are a male and your breasts increase in size.
- Most common side effects in patients without diabetes: Headache, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, dry mouth, and constipation.
- Most common side effects in patients with diabetes: Low blood sugar, headache, back pain, cough, and fatigue.
- Nursing: BELVIQ should not be taken while breastfeeding.
- Drug interactions: Before taking BELVIQ, tell your doctor if you take medicines for depression, migraines, or other medical conditions, such as: triptans; medicines used to treat mood, anxiety, psychotic or thought disorders, including tricyclics, lithium, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, selective serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, or antipsychotics; cabergoline; linezolid (an antibiotic); tramadol; dextromethorphan (an over-the-counter (OTC) common cold/cough medicine); OTC supplements such as tryptophan or St. John’s Wort; or erectile dysfunction medicines.
BELVIQ is a federally controlled substance (CIV) because it may be abused or lead to drug dependence.
BELVIQ is a registered trademark of Arena Pharmaceuticals GmbH.
ContactsBusinessOne Technologies, Inc. William J. Gecawich 215-639-9345, ext. 106
Eisai Inc. Media Inquiries Marcia Diljak (201) 746-2236
Investor Inquiries Alex Scott (201) 746-2177
SOURCE Eisai Inc.